The 2CU will butt fuse ½" CTS to 2" IPS (16mm to 60mm) pipe, tees, ells and other fittings. This combination unit (CU) incorporates McElroy's patented sidewall feature. Sidewall clamps with chain vise allow the unit to be attached on the centerline of a pipe main for sidewall fusion of ½" to 2" service saddles, round base branch saddles and small tapping tees.
The 2CU is equipped with chain lengths that will clamp up to 8" IPS pipe. Additional chain lengths are available for larger main sizes.
A range of accessories are available for the 2CU, including a Manual Fusion Machine Stand that brings fusion operations to a comfortable level.
The McElroy 2CU Features:
- Thermostatically-controlled heater to provide constant fusion temperature;
- ISO-compliant industrial Teflon-coated heater plates;
- Patented Centerline Guidance system for equal distribution of force around the joint;
- Hand-anodized aluminum wear surfaces for corrosion resistance;
- Thrust bearing equipped clamp knobs to minimize force required to clamp and round pipe;
- Narrow clamp design for precise pipe alignment;
- Serrated jaws and inserts keep pipe from slipping during fusion;
- Compact and durable; and
- Sidewall capabilities for ½” to 2” fittings.