The Acrobat 180 is a versatile machine designed for butt fusion of 63mm to 180mm (2" IPS to 6" DIPS) pipe and fittings. The machine offers consistent butt fusion joints in an economical, reliable package.
The Acrobat is ideal for in-ditch work. It will convert from 4 to 3 jaws to create a more compact unit and will go even smaller by removing the base plate so that it fuses more easily in confined areas — reducing excavation time.
The fusion carriage is powered by a robust Hydraulic Power Unit (HPU) that is also lightweight and easily portable for quick jobsite setup. This HPU allows the operator to pre-set the facing, heating and fusing pressures individually without having to make adjustments between operations which greatly streamlines the fusion process.
McElroy Acrobat 180 Features:
- Small footprint, lightweight;
- Tool-less conversion from 4-jaw to 3-jaw carriage for tight work spaces;
- Narrow jaws allow fusions for flanges to outlet branch of tees and most fittings;
- Hand anodized aluminum wear surfaces for corrosion resistance;
- DataLogger® compatible;
- Single insert design;
- Removable upper jaws;
- Low-power consumption;
- Open-frame HPU design offers easy access for maintenance; and
- Industry Leading Warranty.