The McElroy MegaMc® 1648 will butt fuse pipe sizes from 16” OD to 48” OD (450mm to 1200mm). Designed to serve the large-diameter needs of the water and sewer the industry, this machine allows for the butt fusion of most fittings without special holders or the removal of the outer jaw.
McElroy’s unique semi-automatic control system requires only one operator. Hydraulic power assists all fusion functions, including the complete operation of the jaws, pipe lifts, heater and facer. Mitered inserts are available for fabricating ells.
The McElroy MegaMc® 1648 Features:
- Patented Centerline Guidance System for equal distribution of force around the joint;
- Original Industry standard for hydraulic control systems;
- ISO-compliant industrial Teflon-coated plates;
- Advanced blade design for smooth face and long life;
- DataLogger® compatible;
- 4-jaw carriage;
- Hydraulic clamping;
- Dual hydraulic pipe lifts aid in loading and unloading pipe;
- Serrated jaws and inserts keep pipe from slipping during fusion; and
- Hydraulic pivoting heater and facer.