The McElroy MegaMc® 824 is a mix of muscle and versatility. Operators can butt fuse pipe sizes from 8” IPS to 24” OD (225mm to 630mm) above ground or in ditch with the same quality. The 824 is the first machine of this size designed specifically for in-ditch, close-quarter work and the flexibility of smaller diameter fusion machines.
The 824 features hydraulically powered assists for all fusion operations, including the operation of the jaws, pipe lifts, heater and facer.
The McElroy MegaMc® 824 Features:
- Patented Centerline Guidance System for equal distribution of force around the joint;
- Original industry standard for hydraulic control systems;
- ISO-compliant industrial Teflon-coated plates;
- Advanced blade design for smooth face and long life;
- Heater and facer can be easily converted to top loading for confined spaces;
- Rugged outriggers for stability;
- Removable 4- or 3-jaw carriage for improved in-ditch use;
- Hydraulic clamping;
- Dual hydraulic pipe lifts aid in loading and unloading pipe;
- Serrated jaws and inserts keep pipe from slipping during fusion;
- Datalogger® compatible; and
- Hydraulic pivoting heater and facer.