The Polygon™ can miter and butt fuse 2” - 6" (63mm – 180mm) polyethylene pipe and socket fusion capability for 2” – 4” (63mm – 125mm) pipe and fittings.
The McElroy Polygon is a new machine that will give any installer complete flexibility when it comes to butt and miter fusions of all kinds. This new machine is the first of its kind, the manuals, which is compatible with the DataLogger®. With it you can perform butt and miter fusions from angles from 0º to 45º and an additional capacity to perform socket fusions. It is a perfect prefabrication machine for workplaces with polypropylene pipes from 63mm to 160mm are handled. The McElroy Polygon is a three in one tool, with the simplest design and a very lightweight.
The Polygon’s pivoting jaws lock in angles up to 45 degrees make it capable of performing three times fewer miter fusions per fitting compared to traditional machines using miter inserts. This time and cost savings — amplified by its ability to perform in the field — eliminates the expense and lead times for molded or fabricated fittings.
The McElroy Polygon Features:
- Produces miter, butt and socket fusion joints;
- Pivoting jaws for faster, easier setup and better alignment;
- Easily removable outer jaws for tighter work spaces;
- Quick open/close, non-back-drivable wheel drive for smooth jaw movement;
- Side-positioned wheel drive for easier movement of the carriage;
- Power required only for the heater; battery-operated drill powers the facer;
- First manual butt fusion machine with DataLogger capability;
- Sturdy travel case for easy transport of entire machine and accessories;
- Easy-to-view pressure gauge; and
- Uses the same inserts as the Acrobat™ 160.