The McElroy Rolling 28 has staked its claim as the industry standard for more than 30 years. Its ease of use and rugged quality construction opened the door for the most extensive line of 8-inch fusion machines on the market. The Rolling 28 can be ordered as a Combination Unit (CU) for sidewall fusion.
The Rolling 28 incorporates an interchangeable 4-jaw carriage that can be easily removed for in-ditch fusion. For tight installations, the outer fixed jaw and skid can be removed from the carriage converting it to a 3-jaw carriage for an even more compact fusion unit.
The Rolling 28 HP combines the versatility and convenience of a rolled chassis with a hand-pump fusion carriage. The 28 HP features a double-action hand pump that works in unison with high-velocity cylinders to create fast carriage speeds for quick opens and closes during fusion processes.
The McElroy Rolling 28 Features:
- Patented Centerline Guidance System for equal distribution of force around the joint;
- Industry standard semi-automatic hydraulic control system;
- Removable 3- or 4-jaw carriage for in-ditch use;
- DataLogger® compatible;
- Combination unit available for sidewall fusion • Hard anodized aluminum wear surfaces for corrosion resistance;
- Serrated jaws & inserts keep pipe from slipping during fusion;
- Thrust-bearing-equipped clamp knobs to minimize force required to clamp and round pipe;
- Hydraulic facer for facing the heaviest wall pipe with ease;
- Advance Blade Design for smooth face and long life;
- Microprocessor-controlled heater; and
- ISO-compliant industrial Teflon-coated plates.