The McElroy TracStar® 250 Series 2 was completely redesigned based on feedback that came directly from the field. The new machine now shares the same vehicle with the 28, 412 and 618 range of TracStars and is powered by a powerful diesel engine – which is especially useful on jobsites where gasoline is not permitted.
Designed to butt fuse pipe sizes from 2” IPS to 8” DIPS (63mm to 250mm), the TracStar 250 Series 2 offers a self-contained, self-propelled, track-mounted vehicle that can handle grades up to 30%.
A new cowling design aids in heat dissipation while providing easier access when machine maintenance is required. An updated electrical system increases the circuit protection and a standard battery disconnect is now incorporated for easy lockout.
The TracStar® 250 Series 2 fusion machines incorporate an interchangeable 4-jaw carriage that can be easily removed for in-ditch fusions. For tight installations, the outer fixed jaw and skid can be removed from the carriage converting it to a 3-jaw carriage for an even more compact fusion unit.
The 250 can also be ordered as a Combination Unit (CU) that allows fusion of branch saddles with a maximum base diameter of 9.63” onto any size main.
The McElroy TracStar® 250 Series 2 Features:
- Patented Centerline Guidance System for equal distribution of force around the joint;
- Self-contained, self-propelled, all terrain;
- Powered by a low-vibration, diesel engine;
- DataLogger® compatible;
- Carriage can be removed for in-ditch use;
- On-board generator for powering heater;
- Fits in a standard long box truck bed for easy transport; and
- Also available as an Automated fusion machine.