The McElroy TracStar® 618 Series 2 has been completely redesigned based on feedback that came directly from the field. The new machine now shares a common vehicle with the 28, 250, and 412 range of TracStars and is powered by a powerful diesel engine – which is especially useful on jobsites where gasoline is not permitted.
Designed to butt fuse pipe sizes from 6" IPS to 18" OD (180mm to 450mm), the TracStar 618 Series 2 offers a self-contained, self-propelled, track-mounted vehicle that can handle grades up to 30 percent. A new cowling design aids in heat dissipation while providing easier access when machine maintenance is required. An updated electrical system increases the circuit protection and a standard battery disconnect is now incorporated for easy lockout.
The TracStar 618 Series 2 fusion machines incorporate an interchangeable 4-jaw carriage that can be easily removed for in-ditch fusions. For tight installations, the outer fixed jaw and skid can be removed from the carriage converting it to a 3-jaw carriage for an even more compact fusion unit.
The TracStar® 618 Series 2 Automated, which guides the operator through a step-by-step procedure for fusing pipe. This option provides automated control over the heat, soak, fuse and cool cycles.
The McElroy TracStar® 618 Series 2 Features:
- Patented Centerline Guidance System for equal distribution of force around the joint;
- Industry standard semi-automatic hydraulic control system;
- ISO-compliant industrial Teflon-coated plates;
- Dual hydraulic pipe lifts;
- Hydraulic clamping option available;
- Removable 3-jaw or 4-jaw carriage for in-ditch fusion;
- Fits in a standard long bed truck;
- 8+ Hours of operational fuel tank capacity;
- Serrated jaws and inserts keep pipe from slipping during fusion;
- Hydraulic facer for facing the heaviest wall pipe with ease;
- Datalogger® compatible; and
- Also available as an Automated fusion machine.