The McElroy TracStar® 630 Series 2 was designed to butt fuse pipe sizes from 8” IPS to 24” OD (225MM – 630MM). The TracStar 630 offers a self-contained machine eliminating the need for a separate power source on the jobsite. TracStar has an on-board generator that powers the heater while powerful hydraulics assist all fusion functions, including the operation of the jaws, pipe lifts and facer. Models are available with advanced emission control technology that meets the EPA's latest Tier 4 standards, without the need for diesel exhaust fluid (DEF).
The TracStar® 630 is mounted on independently controlled, self-propelled tracks and features a wireless remote driving control. Both models are hydraulically powered to assist all fusion functions, including the operation of the jaws, pipe lifts, heater and facer. The machine allows for butt fusion of most fittings without special holders or removal of outer jaw, mitered inserts are available for fabricating ells.
The TracStar® 630 Series 2 Automatic controls and monitors the heat, soak, fuse and cool cycles. It has a built-in datalogging feature that keeps a record of each fusion joint, which allows you to verify joint integrity.
The McElroy TracStar® 630 Series 2 Features:
- Track-mounted, self-contained, self-propelled, all terrain;
- Hydraulically pivoting heater and facer/trimmer, no cranes needed;
- On-board generator for powering heater;
- Patented Centerline Guidance System for equal distribution of force around the joint;
- ISO-compliant industrial Teflon-coated heater plates;
- Dual hydraulic pipe lifts;
- Dual Speed Tracks;
- Removable 3-jaw or 4-jaw carriage for close quarter fusion;
- Wireless Remote Control ensures safe and efficient working environment and precise machine placement;
- 17+ Hours operational fuel tank capacity;
- Serrated jaws and inserts keep pipe from slipping during fusion;
- Powerful hydraulic facer for facing the toughest pipe with ease; and
- Also available as an Automated fusion machine.